Saturday, March 8, 2008

young

Since quitting my last job, I naturally have had new life restored to me... and with that, apparently the secret of youth as well.
Because at least a half a dozen times since then, I have actually been mistaken for a teenager.

The security people at the airport... a teenage boy who hit on me... another teacher who asked me where my hall pass was...

Today was just another story to add on:
I was a middle school math competition today and saw a fellow teacher friend of mine, who is the exact same age. I was talking to him when a couple of his students asked him if I was his daughter.
So now, instead of looking like a 24-year-old, I look like a 24-year-old's kid.

Crazy!! And I know that when I'm older, I'll love looking younger... but really, I've been married for almost 3 years now, and out of high school for almost 6 years, and am getting mistaken on a regular basis for a kid...
I'm thinking it's time to start auditioning for teenage roles in TV shows/movies.

2 comments:

Darcie said...

That's awesome. I unfortunately have the opposite problem. I'm glad you updated!

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel better, on our HONEYMOON, two people within 5 minutes of each other asked eric if he was robbing the cradle with me because he looked 26 and i looked 12.

p.s. is blogger the new xanga? ha :)