13. I got my first speeding ticket 3 weeks after getting my driver's license.
14. I sing in the shower, everyday.
15. I prefer getting new pajama pants to new jeans cause I wear the PJs more often.
16. I love trying new things even though it terrifies me greatly.
17. I get claustrophobic when I drive. I will choose the left lane whenever possible so there's nothing next to me. I hold my breath if the median is within a foot of my car. After long trips, my shoulders hurt from being so tense for so long.
18. I graduated college a semester early. The only time that means anything is on a random list about me.
19. I grew up in the same town as a Six Flags and went every day. I was one of the first people to ride the Batman when it first opened.
20. I was at Busch Stadium when Mark McGwire hit his record-breaking 62nd homerun on September 8, 1998.
Last year, I made a list of all the new things I had tried that year (2007), and more or less made a resolution to do the same kind of thing this past year (2008). I generally try to go new places, try new things, etc. I don't necessarily keep track of them, so I'll just make an overall list of new things I tried/experienced in 2008.
In chronological order (or close enough): *Finished my 1st semester as a teacher *Went to St. Louis for a record low of 24 hours *Earned a free flight from Southwest *Took an ESL exam and passed *Got accidentally fired *Had a superintendent apologize to me for her mistake *Was a teacher sponsor for a math competition *Had 2 weeks of Spring Break *Voted in the Texas Primary *Experienced the joy of IKEA *Threw Andrew a surprise party *Bought my first laptop *Finished my internship/won awards as an intern *Voted for the American Idol winner *Moved to a 2br/2ba apartment with a pool! *Watched my seniors graduate *Finished my 1st year as a teacher! *Got my first pet! *My first summer on salary *Got a team of teenagers and adults ready to go on an international mission trip *Spent 11 days straight without my husband *Experienced the joy of American Idol Karaoke *Uploaded my first video onto youtube *Went to the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, TX *Went to Austin and saw UT and the capital building *Had a surprise birthday party *Experienced public transportation in Ft. Worth and Dallas *Voted for the first time in a presidential election *Successfully sponsored a school-wide mock election *Went to a toga party *Got cable/dvr for the first time ever
Those are the things I can think of now. I may add later. But it is always refreshing to look back at the new things I tried/experienced and realize that each year really is NEW. It's a chance to try something different and explore the world around me. I get to grow and learn and overcome. I hope each year, you get to experience the same thing.