This year, I had 17 days in a row off work for Spring Break. It was wonderful, and now that I've been back at work for a week, I can say I truly miss it. This week was hard to get through, ha.
I wasn't really looking forward to it, though, because I had nothing to do. Two whole weeks, three weekends off and not a single plan. No out of town trips or anything...
but despite that, I ended up having the best Spring Break ever simply by making the most of it. The following is a list of things I did:
Spring Break 08
1. spent one-on-one time with 5 girls from the youth group
2. severely gutted out 2 closets in my classroom that hadnt been touched since august
3. priced my new birth control at 4 pharmacies and filled the prescription at CVS
4. completely rearranged my living room
5. completely cleaned the said living room, kitchen and bathroom
6. planned and threw a st. pats party (included cooking corned beef and cabbage!)
7. took care of a random family situation that would take too long to explain
8. put up all new pics on the fridge
9. discussed a midterm with fellow students and turned it in
10. attended a sunday school teacher's meeting
11. taught dylan and ian how to play rummy
12. talked to a coworker on the phone for an hour and a half
13. is watching The O.C. season 1 an accomplishment?
14. what about season 6 of Gilmore Girls?
15. cooked a nice steak dinner for Rachel
16. had a girls' movie night with my adult friends
17. made a list of 100 things i'm grateful for
18. read through 4 years of old xanga entries...
19. tagged a bunch of pics on facebook that i added 9 months ago
20. participated as a teacher sponsor in a mathlete competition
21. did over 10 loads of laundry
22. completely cleaned and reorganized my bedroom
23. watched Season 1 of Arrested Development
24. watched tons of movies, new and old
25. thoroughly caught up with family
26. bought my niece a spring dress
27. painted my toenails green
28. went to IKEA for the first time
29. assembled IKEA chair and rearranged living room, again
30. slept in and in general, relaxed a lot
31. went on a Target spree
32. created lesson plans for 2 weeks
33. created new seating charts
34. spent Easter with Ft. Worth family
35. hosted shindig at apt
36. did homework assignment for Master’s class
37. bought new sandals
38. got rid of a lot of clothes/shoes from my closet
39. made a cake
40. watched a little bit of Idol and became a David Cook fan
I'm quite proud of myself, which is why I'm posting this.
Imagine what kind of list I'll make this summer...