Tuesday, August 5, 2008

107

Yesterday, it was 107 degrees in beautiful Fort Worth.

Kate texts me in the middle of the day to tell me our heat is making national news.
Then she asks me, "Stayin cool?"

It literally made me laugh at loud, because yesterday, during possibly the hottest day of the year in North Texas, I was spending 11 hours at Six Flags with the youth.

I actually had a fun time, and drank plenty of water. I also applied lots of sunscreen and did not get burned at all (unlike Andrew who never listens to my suggestions).

So I survived!!

Oh, the things I do for youth, lol.

[sad ending - we planned on riding the Titan, my favorite ride, after dinner. Naturally, that's when they decided to close it for some reason. boooo]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one.

by the way, it's been in the low 90's with no humidity all month and everyone here thinks it's soooooooo hot. silly coloradoans ;)